Saturday, September 01, 2007

Unfounded!!!

We came home tonight to find 2 very thin envelopes from the state office of children & family services. I ripped one open immediately and scanned it to find the words "As a result of this review it is our decision to legally seal the report. Therefore, in accordance with the law, the report has been amended to show it is unfounded..."

WOOHOO!!!

We are NOT child abusers, and now the records show that!
It is such a f'ing relief. I don't honestly know how much of my psyche has been muddled up with this over the past 6-7 months. I suspect I will, eventually, feel so much more relaxed.

So much of our future plans rided on whether we were cleared or not, and now we are free to do whatever we want.

I can't believe that we had to go through this, but at least it's over and it won't rear it's ugly head ever again.

13 comments:

Bacchus said...

YEAH!!!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations!

Maerlowe said...

Oh thank pancakes! I've worried from afar. I'm so so so so so so so (times another thousand or so) glad for you.

Gawdess said...

As it should be.
So pleased for you.

FosterAbba said...

I am so happy for you!

StarfishMom said...

Thank GOD! I'm glad it all worked out! ~cynthia

Amanda said...

Oh, thank goodness. The best news I've heard all day. So glad it's over.

FosterMom said...

Great news! I know firsthand what a relief a report like that is like!

Beth said...

I'm so happy for you that you can put all that behind you now.

Fostermama said...

Yeah! Congrats on your new found freedom.

Jude said...

That's great news!!

Eva said...

How it sounds like you have been to h*ll and back. I am glad this chpater is over. Whew!

Tricia said...

Whoo Hoo! Fabulous!